El Grito Festivities to Feature Stellar Headlining Concerts with Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, Enrique Iglesias, Juan Gabriel, Alejandro Fernández, Alejandra Guzman and many more
Click to Tweet: Celebrate El Grito in @Vegas with ultimate concerts, cuisine, cultural festivities and more #ElGritoDeVegas
LAS VEGAS – Travelers searching for the ultimate destination to revel in the festivities of Mexican Independence Day can look no further than the glimmering lights of Las Vegas. In September, an impressive array of diverse international and domestic visitors will flock to the Entertainment Capital of the World to celebrate El Grito in sensational style. El Grito enthusiasts can truly have it all as they move and groove to the enticing beats of the top Hispanic music headliners, indulge in decadent Mexican culinary creations, laugh till it hurts with celebrated comedians and live it up inside world-class nightclubs.
“Las Vegas encourages visitors to indulge in the vast array of experiences offered in celebration of Mexican Independence Day,” said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA). “Visitors from around the globe join together for unparalleled entertainment, culinary and cultural offerings while enjoying the excitement that only Las Vegas can provide.”
World-class Hispanic performers taking over the iconic venues in Las Vegas include:
- Marco Antonio Solís at The AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Sept. 11.
- Comedian Gabriel Iglesias at The Mirage Resort & Casino, Sept. 11-13.
- “La Reina del Rock” Alejandra Guzmánat The Pearl inside Palms Casino Resort, Sept. 12.
- Luis Miguelat Mandalay Bay Events Center inside Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Sept. 12.
- Chayanne at The AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Sept. 12.
- Mariachi and Latin pop legendJuan Gabriel at Mandalay Bay Events Center inside Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Sept. 13.
- Latin music superstar Enrique Iglesiasat The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Sept. 13-14.
- Ricardo Arjonaat The AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Sept. 13.
- Pepe Aguilarat The AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Sept. 14.
- Marc Anthonyand Carlos Vives at the Mandalay Bay Events Center inside Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Sept. 14.
- Ricky Martinat Axis Theater inside Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Sept. 15.
- Mexican mariachi singer Alejandro Fernándezat the Mandalay Bay Events Center inside Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Sept. 15.
- Plácido Domingo at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Sept. 15.
MGM Grand Garden Arena will be home to the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Andre Berto boxing match, scheduled to take place on Sept. 12. The excitement travels off-Strip on Sept.15 at Downtown Container Park, where a special evening El Grito celebration will be held. The event runs from 6 until 8 p.m. and will feature a mariachi band, food specials at Pinches Tacos and a variety of fun activities.
In addition to unrivaled entertainment offerings, Las Vegas is home to a wide selection of culinary outposts, the perfect complement to an evening show. With a mecca of celebrity chefs providing decadent bites and sips, all are sure to find cuisine pleasing to the palate. Restaurants offering south-of-the-border flavors include: Border Grill inside Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino and The Forum Shops at Caesars, Javier’s at ARIA Resort & Casino, Chayo at The LINQ, Hecho En Vegas Mexican Grill & Cantina at MGM Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, El Segundo Sol at Fashion Show Mall, China Poblano inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Cañonita at The Grand Canal Shoppes, La Comida located in Downtown Las Vegas and Tacos & Tequila inside Luxor Las Vegas.
Calling all shopaholics, as the pages of fashion magazines come to life inside the many luxurious shopping destinations that span the Las Vegas Strip and surrounding areas. Only in Las Vegas will you find daily live fashion shows on an 80-foot runway; gondolas that whisk you to fine boutiques and an assortment of luxury shopping and designer boutiques. Regardless of searching for steals and deals or splurging on the latest fashion, Las Vegas will have visitors shopping till they drop.
To plan your unforgettable trip to Las Vegas, including air and hotel packages, show tickets and more, visit www.LasVegas.com
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and nearly 11 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA’s mission centers on attracting ever increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.LasVegas.com.