Name of Service Site: Santa Maria Community Services’ International Welcome Center
Please complete the following and return with your application.
Description of Service Site: The International Welcome Center is a safe, supportive place for families on Cincinnati’s Westside to come for resources and activities to strengthen their education, health, housing, housing and family life. The International Welcome Center provides educational support in partnership with Roberts Academy and other organizations in Price Hill. These organizations and others will link all families, with particular focus on international families, with resources to strengthen their families and encourage their investment in the community.
Qualifications for NDA Members:
- Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree or equivalent training/experience required.
- Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with diverse populations in a variety of situations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software including, specifically, Word and Excel
- Must be bilingual: English & Spanish /cultural competency highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Community organizing and/or related experience preferred
- Must be flexible and willing to work evening and occasional weekend hours.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Other personnel code requirements: Confidentiality and adherence to professional boundaries.
- Ability to provide own transportation.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Experience with and sensitivity to people with a variety of cultural backgrounds.
NDA Member Job Description:
- Participate in groups organized by and for Hispanic immigrants in the Cincinnati area.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
- Provide outreach to the international community in Price Hill and on the Westside of Cincinnati.
- Make appropriate service referrals and follow up on referrals to see that participants return to the center for further assistance.
- Provide interpretation, translation and assistance in filling out applications as needed by the participants.
- Monitor and report on activities and outcomes in the Welcome Center (Data entry).
- Oversee and assist with child development program.
- Work to recruit, train and supervise ESL and Childcare volunteers.
- Compile and prepare reports for the Language Program.
- Prepare Newsletter twice a year.
- Help with outreach marketing activities for the International Welcome Center.
- Assist the Resource Coordinator with other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics
- Provide transportation to Coffee Hour participants using SM’s van or own vehicle.
- Develop and sustain resources, volunteers, leadership, and advocacy in order to plan and maintain the International Welcome Center activities.
- Complete free Ohio Benefits Bank training and use those skills to assist families.
- Hours(time) member is required to work: Full Time/40 hours
- Dress code: Business casual
- Other Personnel code requirements: See above.