IMMIGRANT CASE MANAGER – JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Urban Services Director will provide full range of crisis intervention, advocacy, and case management to immigrant victim/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Urban Services Director
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive, culturally sensitive, trauma-informed case management services to victim/survivors of interpersonal violence utilizing the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association (KDVA) Victim Services and Kentucky’s Standards for Rape Crisis Centers according to 920 KAR 2:010
- Be able o assess individuals for current and past interpersonal victimization including human trafficking, domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Provide initial assessments and continual victim needs assessments
- Educate immigrant victims of their basic rights and community resources.
- Link victim attorney(s) for detailed screening and exploration of immigrant relief options.
- Inform informed victims of potential for victim compensation, assist in the application process and acquisition of documentation of victimization.
- Assist in client entrance and exit into and from WCC Emergency or Transitional Shelter, following and filing out necessary paperwork and explanations services and guidelines.
- Assist clients in creating and achieving goal plans on a weekly basis.
- Advocate for access to interpretation services and translation of documents.
- Accompany/transport victim/survivors in utilization/interviews/reports with law enforcement agencies and attorney(s).
- Acts as a liaison between victim/survivor and both government officials and other social service agencies.
- Assist victim/survivor in obtaining benefits for victims of crime
- Ensure safety/confidentiality of victim/survivors.
- Provide services on an individual as well as a group
- Complete all required documentation
- Attend required staff meetings such as weekly case review.
- Seek and maintain connections with community resources and organizations that could provide resources and services for immigrant victims.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish (preferred)
- Valid drivers license
- Bachelor in Social Work or related degree and one to two years related experience
- Knowledge of/experience with legal/court processes
- Ability to work under highly stressful, crisis oriented situations
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Outstanding empathetic and listening skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Advise, inform, interact, interpret, decide, problem solve
- Complete KDVA Certification Training
- Must be a minimum age of 18
- Complete Women’s Crisis Center 40 hour Volunteer Training.
- Complete KDVA Certification
- Attend Human Trafficking Conference
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to be a description of the essential elements of the position that are needed for recruitment, placement, orientation, training, competency and performance assessment, classification, compensation determination and other Human Resources actions.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS WHICH OCCUR REGULARLY IN PERFORMING THE JOB
Ability to communicate verbally as to be understood
There will be some strenuous activity such as walking distances, standing for long periods of time, climbing steps, lifting and carrying and considerable car travel.
Knowledgeable use of office equipment including, but not limited to: PC, keyboarding, camera, copier, calculator, fax, phones etc.
There is the possibility of exposure to potential workplace violence and infectious disease
I have read this job description and understand its contents as to my responsibilities in this above named position.
Job Description Approved By