Executive Director (ED) – Part time position
Position Specifications Note
Hispanics Avanzando Hispanics (HAH), is a Hispanic focused human relations, non-profit organization that brings people together to achieve inclusion, equity and justice for all in the Greater Cincinnati region. HAH is involved in several initiatives among them: a) The Cincy-Cinco Latino festival, b) the Hispanic Heritage month activities, c) the deployment of the anti-bulling education program using as a guide the booklet; Cincinnati: A City of Immigrants and building on it with efforts like the play and essay competition, d) the H-100 volunteering initiative and e) others.
The ED, under the direction of an active HAH board, works by himself/herself to execute a comprehensive strategic plan that has been created with deliberation and purpose. Administrative support is available.
The incumbent will anchor the various stakeholders to further the cause of HAH and ensure that the organization elevates to a higher level of performance, impact and stature in the Cincinnati region.
The ED is expected to devote between 15 and 20 hours per week in fulfilling its functions.
- Lead fund raising efforts to serve the activities of the organization
- Execute high quality programs as a responsive to the community needs, and contractual obligations in accordance with strategic plan
- Organizes HAH in major civic and community forums
- Manage and communicate with key stakehoders including the board and some HAH project leaders
- Degree…in any discipline
- Proven “brand” as a community leader
- Preferably Hispanic with excellent bilingual skills (English and Spanish)
- Knowledge and passion about HAH cause and issues
- Excellent communication skills including media skills
- Fund raising and development skills
- Results driven
- Courage and determination – stand on conviction and integrity
- Influencer, contributor, facilitator and relationship builder