May Dugan is looking for a Director of Counseling & Community & Employment Services
Job Title: Director of Counseling & Community & Employment Services Department
Job Description LISW-S
Job Title:Director of Counseling & Community & Employment Services Department
Reports To:Executive Director
Work Hours:8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., additional hours as needed to fulfill obligation
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of program services related to the May Dugan Counseling & Community – Employment Services Department. Ensure program compliance with all appropriate ethical, funding and best practice regulations, standards, policies & procedures.
- Manage Direct Service staff including providing social work and administrative supervision. Assist the agency director in long and short term planning, budget development and community wide program collaboration.
- Coordinate all reporting requirements for all contracts and state agency funded programming.
- Monitor and maintain all program/client records, compile and submit required data and related reports.
- Develop and implement an intake/assessment process designed to capture essential client data and assess needs.
- Create consistent, defined, and measurable units of service to track the level of use of each of our varied service areas and to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Develop a system of data collection methods, and outcome measurements.
- Create and oversee training programs.
- Master’s degree in Social Service Field and a State of Ohio License as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or Licensed Independent Social Worker with supervisory experience. .
- A minimum of 4 years of administrative/supervisory experience in community based Social Service Agency
- Knowledge, skills and experience working with Microsoft Office, Excel and internal/external networks.
- Strong organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Commitment to the mission of the May Dugan Center
- Demonstrated knowledge of CARF (Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities), ODMH, ODADAS and ODJFS,
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Staff Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
Westside Family Resource Network
JOB TITLE: FAMILY INFORMATION RESOURCE SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: FAMILY SERVICES
REPORTS TO: FAMILY SERVICES DIRECTOR
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, some evenings and weekends, flexibility of schedule required.
- Provides resources and support to families in the community, complete intake process with all walk-in clients, assist with immediate needs and refer as appropriate. Facilitate screenings for Defending Childhood Service System, maintain knowledge of services in the community and seek opportunities for new relationships with social service agencies, community development organizations and businesses in west side neighborhoods.
- Schedules and coordinates family visitation with DCFS workers, maintain paperwork for visits, schedule use of space for FTMs, unit meetings, and other events. Provides outreach to foster, primary and adoptive families in the community, participates with general recruitment activities for additional west side foster and adoptive parents.
- Plans children’s activities for foster/adoptive parent support group, coordinates with volunteers for groups.
- Organizes and coordinates monthly Collaborative meetings and follow-up with members/meeting participants as needed. Attends DCFS oriented meetings as outlined in their order of priority. Maintains clerical records of families, referrals, monthly reports, correspondence, and all other clerical support to WFRN Staff.
- BA in Social Work or related field, Spanish speaking ability preferred. Knowledge of community resources, experience working with diverse populations. Knowledge and experience working with at-risk populations. Knowledge of child welfare and other public systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, clerical and computer skills, and ability to work in a team approach.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in communication and interface with various micro and macro level entities, meeting/group facilitation.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently.
Email Resume and Letter of Interest:
Rachelle N. Milner, Family Services Director
No phone calls please