Mujer Latina Today is a powerful Social Media Platform that connects, inspires and informs the Latino community in Ohio, the Midwest and the rest of the United States.
Lorena Mora-Mowry is the owner and creative force behind MujerLatinaToday.com ™ and Mora Media LLC. After FOURTEEN years of operation as a web-site, MujerLatinaToday has evolved from a blog to a social media platform that aims to connect and inform the Hispanic/Latino community, while also inspiring the community through a focus on success stories.
Mujer Latina Today is a highly recognized website dedicated to “The voice of today’s Latinos” with more than 1,000 interviews on her YouTube Channel and almost 100 interviews on “Lorena Today” Podcast. MujerLatinaToday interviews have highlighted the lives of many Latinos in Ohio and all across the U.S. and has made an impact and inspired others through their stories.
Why Latinos need to share their stories? “Because we often forget that the stories of everyday, hardworking Latinos need to be told. These stories can inspire future generations. When people see MujerLatinaToday.com they see the faces and hear the voices of Latinos of every shape and color, with or without an accent, with successful stories and stories to learn from. We’ve been able to make a close community for Latinos that use mobile technology.” says Lorena Mora-Mowry
Lorena’s passion and energy for journalism and people cements a commitment to transform the lives of many through the stories presented in Mujer Latina Today.
MujerLatinaToday.com has been a media partner of domestic violence, health, education, Latina leadership and business programs in Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Lorain and Dayton. See below some examples of MujerLatinaToday.com serving and connecting the Hispanic / Latino community with employment opportunities, health care providers and education events, scholarships and programs in Cincinnati and throughout Ohio:
- In 2017, MujerLatinaToday.com was the media partner of Latina Entrepreneurship Academy program organized by LULAC Cincinnati and sponsored by Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA.
- In 2016, MujerLatinaToday.com was media partner of the 2015 LULAC Cincinnati Gala Awards at the Freedom Center.
- In 2015, MujerLatinaToday.com was a media partner with Santa Maria Community Services and Hispanic Chamber Cincinnati USA Foundation for the 2015 “Strengthen Women /Fortaleciéndote Mujer – Domestic Violence program in Price Hill.
- 2015 Ohio Latino Education Summit organized by the Ohio Latino Affairs Commission at The University of Akron
- 2015 Latino Health Summit organized by the Ohio Latino Affairs Commission at The Ohio State University.
About Lorena Mora-Mowry – Since March 2017 Lorena has worked as a Guardian Ad Litem for Unaccompanied Minors custody / Dependency cases at Prokids. Lorena volunteers with groups that provide leadership and support to Latinas in Ohio. She received the 2010 Distinguished Hispanic Ohioan Award for her leadership and efforts to improve conditions for the Hispanic/Latino community. Furthermore, she was inducted in the 2010 LULAC Ohio Women’s Hall of Fame, in recognition of her outstanding leadership. Lorena received from the YWCA of Greater Cincinnati Alliance for Immigrant Women an award for her exceptional work in the community by supporting immigrant survivors of domestic violence (2012). Lorena’s volunteer work was recognized with the 2015 YWCA of Greater Cincinnati Volunteer Service Award.