Nationwide Supplier Development Series – Keeping Employees Accountable for ResultsNationwide Supplier Development Series
The Nationwide Office of Supplier Diversity would like to announce the next class offering in the Nationwide Supplier Development Series, a year long offering of six classes/sessions focused on areas of business development for suppliers. Nationwide will host the fourth of these sessions on Thursday, November 15th, 2012 at One Nationwide Plaza, Columbus, Ohio.
The class will be a ½ day session, Keeping Employees Accountable for Results led by Brian Miller of Working Solutions.
Keeping Employees Accountable for Results
A manager’s job is to get work done through others. The key to their sustained success is holding employees accountable for the results needed. Unfortunately for many, that seems like an overwhelming task that requires too much time, effort, and know-how. In this session, you’ll learn a SIMPLE method for holding others accountable for results. Using the acronym SIMPLE, you’ll learn (and remember!) the 6 steps of this proven approach so you can easily share it with other managers in your organization tomorrow. You’ll find that accountability can be quick and effective, even for busy managers like you!
This is not a traditional disciplinary processes masquerading as an accountability model. The emphasis here is on employee commitment and buy-in, not punitive steps and punishments. We’ll explore each step and learn how to apply them to current, everyday situations. SIMPLE Accountability is simple enough to learn and apply in our short session. It’s effective enough to positively impact your employees forever.
Participants learn to use the six-step SIMPLE process to hold employees accountable for results in their organizations. Participants practice some of the steps, so they leave with competence as well as confidence to apply SIMPLE in their organizations immediately.
Participants will apply the lessons of high-performers to their own lives. They will learn how fear manifests in their lives and how to act in spite of it.
What will you learn?
1. Learn how to make ANY goal measurable. (Without measurable goals, accountability is impossible!)
2. Learn how to get staff members to commit to goals and make them their own.
3. Learn the 4 basic types of feedback and when each is appropriate.
4. Learn how to give feedback that is listened to, understood, and acted upon.
5. Learn how to make suggestions to others that will help them change inappropriate behavior.
6. Learn how to have difficult discussions with staff members who are not performing. Maintain their self-esteem while holding them accountable.
7. Learn not only how, but also when to document difficult discussions.
Time Commitment: ½ day (4 hours of contact time)
Time: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Heritage Room. Nationwide Headquarters, One Nationwide Plaza, Columbus, Ohio
Continental Breakfast will be served
Please RSVP by emailing SUPPLIER@nationwide.com by Thursday, November 8th. Limited Seats are available.